* [dpdk-dev] aesni mb on Centos KO for three weeks
@ 2019-06-05 12:05 David Marchand
From: David Marchand @ 2019-06-05 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I noticed build errors on patches I sent yesterday:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-June/084633.html

I went and looked at the test-report mailing list.

The failures on master builds started on May 14th:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-May/082432.html
But still, the test was reported as successfull.

The status got properly reported starting May 28th:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-May/083421.html
Looking at patchwork this day, I can see that it changed between
http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/53721/ and
http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/53722/

So I suppose someone noticed that the meson build failures were not
properly reported and fixed it, but the error still remained.

So, we have this error for 3 weeks, is there someone looking at fixing it
please?
I did not manage to build the ipsec_mb thing on my rhel.
Not sure what is wrong, but I don't want to waste more time on it.

As a sidenote, we don't have Intel build reports on the patches since this
morning, around
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-June/084647.html
Has it been disabled intentionnally?

--
David Marchand

* Re: [dpdk-dev] aesni mb on Centos KO for three weeks
@ 2019-06-05 12:25 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-06-05 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: David Marchand, Declan Doherty, pablo.de.lara.guarch, qian.q.xu,
	zhaoyan.chen, xuemingx.zhang, john.mcnamara

+Cc more people

05/06/2019 14:05, David Marchand:
> I noticed build errors on patches I sent yesterday:
> http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-June/084633.html

I tried to reproduce this error with make on my system
but I don't manage to see such error.
It may be specific to a GCC version.

> I went and looked at the test-report mailing list.
>
> The failures on master builds started on May 14th:
> http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-May/082432.html
> But still, the test was reported as successfull.
>
> The status got properly reported starting May 28th:
> http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-May/083421.html
> Looking at patchwork this day, I can see that it changed between
> http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/53721/ and
> http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/53722/
>
> So I suppose someone noticed that the meson build failures were not
> properly reported and fixed it, but the error still remained.
>
> So, we have this error for 3 weeks, is there someone looking at fixing it
> please?
> I did not manage to build the ipsec_mb thing on my rhel.
> Not sure what is wrong, but I don't want to waste more time on it.
>

> As a sidenote, we don't have Intel build reports on the patches since this
> morning, around
> http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2019-June/084647.html
> Has it been disabled intentionnally?

I agree with David that there is a serious issue
with compilation testing for a long time.
Please can we fix it quickly?