* [dpdk-dev] RSS for double vlan tagged packets
@ 2014-05-12 19:38 Surya Nimmagadda
From: Surya Nimmagadda @ 2014-05-12 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I am using RSS functionality on 82599 with dpdk igb_uio driver.

I am able to get proper hash for untagged and single tagged packets. But for double tagged packets, it is not working. I get hash value 0 for all packets.

Is there any additional flag I need to enable for this?

Regards,
Surya

* Re: [dpdk-dev] RSS for double vlan tagged packets
@ 2014-05-13  2:17 ` Surya Nimmagadda
From: Surya Nimmagadda @ 2014-05-13  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I have also tried by enabling vlan_extended support in port_conf and set rss_hf as all 1s.

.hw_vlan_extend = 1
.rss_hf = ~0

Still there is no change…

Surya

@ 2014-05-13  8:09   ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2014-05-13  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Surya Nimmagadda, dev

I don't think the hardware supports using RSS on packets with a double VLAN tag.

Regards,
/Bruce