* NVIDIA mlx5 PMD roadmap question
@ 2022-12-07  8:47 Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2022-12-07  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matan Azrad, Viacheslav Ovsiienko; +Cc: dev

NVIDIA mlx5 PMD maintainers,

Are there any plans for NVIDIA to support build time IOVA_AS_VA mode (i.e. building with -Denable_iova_as_pa=false) in the mlx5 PMD?

I expect it to provide higher performance under certain conditions.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
-Morten Brørup

* RE: NVIDIA mlx5 PMD roadmap question
@ 2023-04-12 12:57 ` Slava Ovsiienko
From: Slava Ovsiienko @ 2023-04-12 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Morten Brørup, Matan Azrad; +Cc: dev

Hi, Morten

Thank you for pointing out this opportunity - to enable IOVA VA mode support in mlx5 drivers.
Now we propose this patch:
http://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20230412125320.8585-1-viacheslavo@nvidia.com/

The mlx5 hardware has its own MMU facility, no extra efforts are needed to support VA from PMD side.

With best regards,
Slava