* ring name size
@ 2023-09-04  9:30 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-09-04  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Honnappa Nagarahalli, Konstantin Ananyev; +Cc: Morten Brørup, dev

Hello,

When creating a ring, we need to know the maximum length of the name.
It seems this value is not documented.
And there is no constant defined.
There is only RTE_MEMZONE_NAMESIZE.

Should we document the maximum length as 31 and add a constant?
#define RTE_RING_NAME_SIZE RTE_MEMZONE_NAMESIZE

* RE: ring name size
@ 2023-09-04  9:33 ` Morten Brørup
> When creating a ring, we need to know the maximum length of the name.
> It seems this value is not documented.
> And there is no constant defined.

It is defined (with a description) here:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/dpdk/latest/source/lib/ring/rte_ring_core.h#L52

@ 2023-09-04 13:04   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-09-04 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > When creating a ring, we need to know the maximum length of the name.
> > It seems this value is not documented.
> > And there is no constant defined.
>
> It is defined (with a description) here:
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/dpdk/latest/source/lib/ring/rte_ring_core.h#L52

Indeed, thank you Morten. I missed it when looking simply at rte_ring.h.
So we are just missing to mention it in the doxygen of the related functions.