* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 13/12/2018
@ 2018-12-13 14:08 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-12-13 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil Goyal,
	Cristian Dumitrescu, Qian Xu, Yongseok Koh, Maxime Coquelin,
	Qi Zhang, Shahaf Shuler

Minutes 13 December 2018
------------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Integration deadline
* Subtrees
* Bugzilla
* OvS
* Conferences
* Opens

Participants:
* Arm
* Broadcom
* Debian
* Intel
* Mellanox
* RedHat

Release Dates
-------------

* v19.02 dates:
  * Integration deadline: December 14, 2018
  * First release candidate: December 21, 2018
  * Last release candidate: January 25, 2019
  * Release: February 1, 2019

* Roadmap page: http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#dates

Integration deadline
--------------------

* Integration deadline is this Friday (tomorrow)!
* We need reviews/merges from all maintainers to be able to make RC1 on time.
* Many people in community will be off after 21 December, delaying RC1 will
  affect release schedule more than two weeks, RC1 deadline should be a hard
  deadline.
* Patches which are not mature for integration deadline won't be in release.
* Poor attendance from maintainers to the release status meeting is a concern.

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * Will pull from next-net today.
  * Start getting patches into main repo.
  * Ferruh will share some load for main repo.

* next-net
  * Merged some patches, pulled from intel, mlx, virtio trees.
  * There are more patches to merge.

* next-virtio
  * No more patch expected for this week, there can be more next week.

* next-crypto
* next-eventdev
* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * No update, we need attendance from maintainers.

* Stable trees
  * v16.11.9-rc1 is ready, ATT is testing it, needs more testing.
    No update from Intel test team, stable tree release can be postponed to next
    week based on test team availability.
  * Kevin will prepare an RC for 18.08.1 next week.
  * No update on 17.11.5.

Bugzilla
--------

* Ajit reported no critical issues for the release.

* DPDK community lab issues started to be traced by public Bugzilla, this caused
  a batch issue creation in Bugzilla.
  * DPDK community lab issues has "lab" product type and they don't send an
    email to dev mail list when created.
  * DPDK defects has "DPDK" product type and creating a defect sends an email to
    dev mail list.

OvS
---

* Next release is 2.11, on February, feature freeze on begging of the January,
  code freeze on mid January. It will be using DPDK 18.11 LTS.
* Ian will merge v18.11 support.

Conferences
-----------

* DPDK North America DPDK and OvS summit done last week, videos are online:
  * OvS: http://www.openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2018/
  * DPDK:
    * https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo97Rhbj4ceISWDa6OxsbEx2jBPaymJWL

Opens
-----

* Coverity
  * Coverity is partially back, now can see the existing defects, but the
    analysis for new builds put into a queue which is slow moving.
  * Thomas highlighted the value of having more tools. Should we have a
    paid static analysis solution as community, need to discuss in techboard.
    John will send a mail to put discussion into techboard agenda.

* Windows platform support
  * Patches are ready in windows-draft repo, they are under review, patches will
    be out in next a few days: https://git.dpdk.org/draft/dpdk-draft-windows/,
    branch "dev-phase1"

* Patchwork Cleanup
  * There are more than a year old patches in patchwork. They will be cleaned
    and by default will be rejected.
    * If your patch rejected but it is still relevant/important please comment
      back to add it into backlog.
    * Some of the old patches are kept as reminder of some issues, those issues
      will be converted into Bugzilla item and patches will be rejected.

DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me an email and I will send you the invite.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 13/12/2018
@ 2018-12-13 14:59 ` Ian Stokes
From: Ian Stokes @ 2018-12-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit, dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil Goyal,

On 12/13/2018 2:08 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> [...]
>      week based on test team availability.
>    * Kevin will prepare an RC for 18.08.1 next week.
>    * No update on 17.11.5.
>

> Bugzilla
> --------
>
> * Ajit reported no critical issues for the release.
>
> * DPDK community lab issues started to be traced by public Bugzilla, this caused
>    a batch issue creation in Bugzilla.
>    * DPDK community lab issues has "lab" product type and they don't send an
>      email to dev mail list when created.
>    * DPDK defects has "DPDK" product type and creating a defect sends an email to
>      dev mail list.
>

> OvS
> ---
>
> * Next release is 2.11, on February, feature freeze on begging of the January,
>    code freeze on mid January. It will be using DPDK 18.11 LTS.

Quick update on 18.11 support, this has now been merged to OVS master.

Thanks
Ian