DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
@ 2019-11-26 23:56 Thomas Monjalon
  2019-11-27 18:16 ` Stokes, Ian
                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-11-26 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.11-rc4
93 patches were integrated.

The release notes so far:
	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_11.html
It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.

This is the last release candidate for DPDK 19.11.
After -rc4 only critical bug fixes and doc updates should be accepted.

The major release should be done in a couple of days (Thanksgiving?).
Please share some release validation results
by replying to this message (at dev@dpdk.org).

If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1 patches
before the 20.02 proposal deadline, which will happen on December 6th.
It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.

Thank you everyone



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
  2019-11-26 23:56 [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4 Thomas Monjalon
@ 2019-11-27 18:16 ` Stokes, Ian
  2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
  2019-11-28 12:25 ` Ali Alnubani
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Stokes, Ian @ 2019-11-27 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev



On 11/26/2019 11:56 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> 	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.11-rc4
> 93 patches were integrated.
> 
> The release notes so far:
> 	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_11.html
> It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.
> 
> This is the last release candidate for DPDK 19.11.
> After -rc4 only critical bug fixes and doc updates should be accepted.
> 
> The major release should be done in a couple of days (Thanksgiving?).
> Please share some release validation results
> by replying to this message (at dev@dpdk.org).

Hi Thomas,

OVS validation completed by Intel on RC4 below.

* vswitch_p2p_tput: vSwitch - configure switch and execute RFC2544 
throughput test.
* vswitch_p2p_cont: vSwitch - configure switch and execute RFC2544 
continuous stream test.
* vswitch_pvp_tput: vSwitch - configure switch, vnf and execute RFC2544 
throughput test.
* vswitch_pvp_cont: vSwitch - configure switch, vnf and execute RFC2544 
continuous stream test.
* ovsdpdk_hotplug_attach: Ensure successful port-add after binding a 
device to igb_uio after ovs-vswitchd is launched.
* ovsdpdk_mq_p2p_rxqs: Setup rxqs on NIC port.
* ovsdpdk_mq_pvp_rxqs: Setup rxqs on vhost user port.
* ovsdpdk_mq_pvp_rxqs_linux_bridge: Confirm traffic received over vhost 
RXQs with Linux virtio device in guest.
* ovsdpdk_mq_pvp_rxqs_testpmd: Confirm traffic received over vhost RXQs 
with DPDK device in guest.
* ovsdpdk_vhostuser_client: Test vhost-user client mode.
* ovsdpdk_vhostuser_client_reconnect: Test vhost-user client mode 
reconnect feature.
* ovsdpdk_vhostuser_server: Test vhost-user server mode.
* ovsdpdk_vhostuser_sock_dir: Verify functionality of vhost-sock-dir flag.
* ovsdpdk_vdev_add_af_packet_pmd: Test addition of port using the 
af_packet DPDK PMD driver.
* ovsdpdk_vdev_del_af_packet_pmd: Test deletion of port using the 
af_packet DPDK PMD driver.
* ovsdpdk_numa: Test vhost-user NUMA support. Vhostuser PMD threads 
should migrate to the same numa slot, where QEMU is executed.
* ovsdpdk_jumbo_p2p: Ensure that jumbo frames are received, processed 
and forwarded correctly by DPDK physical ports.
* ovsdpdk_jumbo_pvp: Ensure that jumbo frames are received, processed 
and forwarded correctly by DPDK vhost-user ports.
* ovsdpdk_jumbo_p2p_upper_bound: Ensure that jumbo frames above the 
configured Rx port's MTU are not accepted.
* ovsdpdk_jumbo_mtu_upper_bound_vport: Verify that the upper bound limit 
is enforced for OvS DPDK vhost-user ports.
* ovsdpdk_rate_p2p: Ensure when a user creates a rate limiting physical 
interface that the traffic is limited to the specified policer rate in a 
p2p setup.
* ovsdpdk_rate_pvp: Ensure when a user creates a rate limiting vHost 
User interface that the traffic is limited to the specified policer rate 
in a pvp setup.
* ovsdpdk_qos_p2p: In a p2p setup, ensure when a QoS egress policer is 
created that the traffic is limited to the specified rate.
* ovsdpdk_qos_pvp: In a pvp setup, ensure when a QoS egress policer is 
created that the traffic is limited to the specified rate.
* phy2phy_scalability: LTD.Scalability.Flows.RFC2544.0PacketLoss
* phy2phy_scalability_cont: Phy2Phy Scalability Continuous Stream
* pvp_cont: PVP Continuous Stream
* pvvp_cont: PVVP Continuous Stream
* pvpv_cont: Two VMs in parallel with Continuous Stream
* VFIO validation

These were carried out for ixgbe (ixgbe_vf), i40e (i40e_vf) and ice pmds.

Regards
Ian

> 
> If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1 patches
> before the 20.02 proposal deadline, which will happen on December 6th.
> It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.
> 
> Thank you everyone
> 
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
  2019-11-26 23:56 [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4 Thomas Monjalon
  2019-11-27 18:16 ` Stokes, Ian
@ 2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
  2019-11-28 10:29   ` Sachin Saxena
  2019-11-28 13:14   ` Xu, Qian Q
  2019-11-28 12:25 ` Ali Alnubani
  2 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Luca Boccassi @ 2019-11-28  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: thomas, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Abhishek Marathe

Hi,

Here's the report from the automated Jenkins pipeline at MSFT - QA team
will be out for Thanksgiving this week, they can chip in next week for
more details, but I do not see any blocking issue being highlighted -
just the usual small performance issue that is already being
investigated separately.


DPDK v19.11-rc4 was validated on Azure for Canonical UbuntuServer 16.04-LTS latest, Canonical UbuntuServer 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest, RedHat RHEL 7-RAW latest, RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest, Openlogic CentOS 7.5 latest, SUSE SLES 15 latest.
Tested with Mellanox and netvsc poll-mode drivers.
The tests were executed using LISAv2 framework ( https://github.com/LIS/LISAv2 ).

Test case description:

* VERIFY-DPDK-COMPLIANCE - verifies kernel is supported and that the build is successful
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST - verifies using testpmd that packets can be sent from a VM to another VM
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK - disables/enables Accelerated Networking for the NICs under test and makes sure DPDK works in both scenarios
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC - disables/enables Accelerated Networking for the NICs while generating traffic using testpmd

* PERF-DPDK-FWD-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK forwarding performance using testpmd on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS4_v2
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd on 2, 4, 8, 16 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_F32s_v2

* DPDK-RING-LATENCY - verifies DPDK CPU latency using https://github.com/shemminger/dpdk-ring-ping

* VERIFY-DPDK-PRIMARY-SECONDARY-PROCESSES - verifies primary / secondary processes support for DPDK. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu distros with Linux kernel >= 4.20

* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS - builds OVS with DPDK support and tests if the OVS DPDK ports can be created. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.
* VERIFY-DPDK-VPP - builds VPP with DPDK support and tests if the VPP ports are present. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu distros.
* VERIFY-DPDK-NFF-GO - builds NFF-GO with DPDK support and runs the functional tests from the NFF-GO repository. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.

 DPDK job exited with status: UNSTABLE. 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer 16.04-LTS latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7-RAW latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Openlogic CentOS 7.5 latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'SUSE SLES 15 latest': 
 
* PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED 
* VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED 
* PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED 
* VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED 

On Wed, 2019-11-27 at 00:56 +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> 	
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.11-rc4
> 
> 93 patches were integrated.
> 
> The release notes so far:
> 	
> http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_11.html
> 
> It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.
> 
> This is the last release candidate for DPDK 19.11.
> After -rc4 only critical bug fixes and doc updates should be
> accepted.
> 
> The major release should be done in a couple of days (Thanksgiving?).
> Please share some release validation results
> by replying to this message (at 
> dev@dpdk.org
> ).
> 
> If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1
> patches
> before the 20.02 proposal deadline, which will happen on December
> 6th.
> It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.
> 
> Thank you everyone
> 
> 
> 
-- 
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
  2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
@ 2019-11-28 10:29   ` Sachin Saxena
  2019-11-28 13:14   ` Xu, Qian Q
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Sachin Saxena @ 2019-11-28 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, Rajan Gupta, Hemant Agrawal; +Cc: thomas

Hi,

We are fine with test report  on release candidate 19.11-rc4.

Following Test Cases have been validated successfully on NXP platforms:
dpdk_l2fwd_function 
dpdk_l3fwd_function 
dpdk_l2fwd-crypto_caam_function 
dpdk_ovs-host_function 
dpdk_multiprocess_symmetric_mp 
dpdk_multiprocess_simple_mp 
dpdk_multiprocess_symmetric_mp_qdma 
dpdk_multiprocess_l2fwd-crypto 
dpdk_testpmd_fwd_jumbo 
dpdk_timer_function 
dpdk_ip_fragmentation 
dpdk_l3fwd_acl 
dpdk_l2fwd_keepalive 
dpdk_test_function 
dpdk_test_crypto_perf 
dpdk_skelton_function 
dpdk_cmdline_function 
dpdk_rxtx_callback_function 
dpdk_ethtool_function 
dpdk_ipv4_multicast

regards,
Sachin Saxena

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev <dev-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Luca Boccassi
> Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:21 PM
> To: dev@dpdk.org
> Cc: thomas@monjalon.net; Ju-Hyoung Lee <juhlee@microsoft.com>;
> Abhishek Marathe <Abhishek.Marathe@microsoft.com>
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Here's the report from the automated Jenkins pipeline at MSFT - QA team
> will be out for Thanksgiving this week, they can chip in next week for more
> details, but I do not see any blocking issue being highlighted - just the usual
> small performance issue that is already being investigated separately.
> 
> 
> DPDK v19.11-rc4 was validated on Azure for Canonical UbuntuServer 16.04-
> LTS latest, Canonical UbuntuServer 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest, RedHat RHEL 7-
> RAW latest, RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest, Openlogic CentOS 7.5 latest, SUSE SLES
> 15 latest.
> Tested with Mellanox and netvsc poll-mode drivers.
> The tests were executed using LISAv2 framework (
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithu
> b.com%2FLIS%2FLISAv2&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csachin.saxena%40nxp.com
> %7C64f8b403f28b4cab85c108d773e8834d%7C686ea1d3bc2b4c6fa92cd99c
> 5c301635%7C0%7C0%7C637105314779183163&amp;sdata=Z7XQKAnhtgW
> wqASYhMtwMFRfuDPZL8fdJSGUfqfZqgM%3D&amp;reserved=0 ).
> 
> Test case description:
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-COMPLIANCE - verifies kernel is supported and that the build
> is successful
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST - verifies using testpmd that
> packets can be sent from a VM to another VM
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK - disables/enables Accelerated
> Networking for the NICs under test and makes sure DPDK works in both
> scenarios
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC - disables/enables Accelerated
> Networking for the NICs while generating traffic using testpmd
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-FWD-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK forwarding performance using
> testpmd on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4 - verifies DPDK performance using
> testpmd on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS4_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using
> testpmd on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using
> testpmd on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32 - verifies DPDK performance using
> testpmd on 2, 4, 8, 16 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_F32s_v2
> 
> * DPDK-RING-LATENCY - verifies DPDK CPU latency using
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithu
> b.com%2Fshemminger%2Fdpdk-ring-
> ping&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csachin.saxena%40nxp.com%7C64f8b403f28b4
> cab85c108d773e8834d%7C686ea1d3bc2b4c6fa92cd99c5c301635%7C0%7C
> 0%7C637105314779183163&amp;sdata=u6QPFQ%2Bygf9M%2BL7i39LSIpc
> 8T37j8jQRywobmWuQhkc%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-PRIMARY-SECONDARY-PROCESSES - verifies primary /
> secondary processes support for DPDK. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu
> distros with Linux kernel >= 4.20
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS - builds OVS with DPDK support and tests if the OVS
> DPDK ports can be created. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.
> * VERIFY-DPDK-VPP - builds VPP with DPDK support and tests if the VPP
> ports are present. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu distros.
> * VERIFY-DPDK-NFF-GO - builds NFF-GO with DPDK support and runs the
> functional tests from the NFF-GO repository. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.
> 
>  DPDK job exited with status: UNSTABLE.
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer
> 16.04-LTS latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer
> 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7-RAW
> latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Openlogic CentOS 7.5
> latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'SUSE SLES 15 latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> On Wed, 2019-11-27 at 00:56 +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> >
> > https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgit.
> > dpdk.org%2Fdpdk%2Ftag%2F%3Fid%3Dv19.11-
> rc4&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csachin.s
> >
> axena%40nxp.com%7C64f8b403f28b4cab85c108d773e8834d%7C686ea1d3
> bc2b4c6fa
> >
> 92cd99c5c301635%7C0%7C0%7C637105314779193156&amp;sdata=9Ohpf
> XEmVuNtXej
> > 7xJRW2J7e98hNw5JFe6yurKSUExQ%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >
> > 93 patches were integrated.
> >
> > The release notes so far:
> >
> >
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdoc.d
> >
> pdk.org%2Fguides%2Frel_notes%2Frelease_19_11.html&amp;data=02%7C0
> 1%7Cs
> >
> achin.saxena%40nxp.com%7C64f8b403f28b4cab85c108d773e8834d%7C686
> ea1d3bc
> >
> 2b4c6fa92cd99c5c301635%7C0%7C0%7C637105314779193156&amp;sdat
> a=yTs7hRHL
> > raBaWIMP%2B3lEzAcofiNVWY4N2l7PhEPEvFs%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >
> > It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.
> >
> > This is the last release candidate for DPDK 19.11.
> > After -rc4 only critical bug fixes and doc updates should be accepted.
> >
> > The major release should be done in a couple of days (Thanksgiving?).
> > Please share some release validation results by replying to this
> > message (at dev@dpdk.org ).
> >
> > If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1
> > patches before the 20.02 proposal deadline, which will happen on
> > December 6th.
> > It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.
> >
> > Thank you everyone
> >
> >
> >
> --
> Kind regards,
> Luca Boccassi

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
  2019-11-26 23:56 [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4 Thomas Monjalon
  2019-11-27 18:16 ` Stokes, Ian
  2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
@ 2019-11-28 12:25 ` Ali Alnubani
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2019-11-28 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Hi,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: announce <announce-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Thomas
> Monjalon
> Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:56 AM
> To: announce@dpdk.org
> Subject: [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
> 
> A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:

The following covers the tests that we ran on Mellanox hardware for this version:

- Basic functionality:
- Send and receive multiple types of traffic.
- testpmd xstats counter test.
- testpmd timestamp test.
- Changing/checking link status through testpmd.
- RTE flow and flow_director tests.
  Items: eth / vlan / ipv4 / ipv6 / tcp / udp / icmp / gre / nvgre / vxlan / geneve / ip in ip / mplsoudp / mplsogre
  Actions: drop / queue / rss / mark / flag / jump / count / port_id / raw_encap / raw_decap / vxlan_encap / vxlan_decap / NAT
- Some RSS tests.
- VLAN stripping and insertion tests.
- Checksum and TSO tests.
- ptype tests.
- Port interrupt testing.
- Multi-process testing.

Regards,
Ali

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
  2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
  2019-11-28 10:29   ` Sachin Saxena
@ 2019-11-28 13:14   ` Xu, Qian Q
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Xu, Qian Q @ 2019-11-28 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Boccassi, dev; +Cc: thomas, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Abhishek Marathe, Peng, Yuan

Hi, all
Below is the report from Intel validation team. 
Summary: 
1.  Totally 9852 test cases for 19.11 RC4, 9852 cases are executed, 9819 test cases passed, 33 test cases failed. Execution rate is 100%, pass rate is 99.67%.  
2.  All Intel build tests(30 different configurations) passed. No critical/high issues for RC4. 
3.   Totally 405 new tests are added for the 19.11 new features. 

Coverage for the different OS/NIC/configurations. 
Please check the full test plan at http://doc.dpdk.org/dts/test_plans/  and automation test suites at https://git.dpdk.org/tools/dts/tree/tests

NIC PMD: Covered Intel NICs. Below are some test list for reference. All test 
TestSuite_blacklist.py
TestSuite_checksum_offload.py
TestSuite_cmdline.py
TestSuite_ddp_gtp.py
TestSuite_ddp_gtp_qregion.py
TestSuite_ddp_mpls.py
TestSuite_ddp_ppp_l2tp.py
TestSuite_dual_vlan.py
TestSuite_dynamic_config.py
TestSuite_dynamic_flowtype.py
TestSuite_dynamic_queue.py
TestSuite_flow_classify.py
TestSuite_flow_filtering.py
TestSuite_fortville_rss_granularity_config.py
TestSuite_generic_filter.py
TestSuite_generic_flow_api.py
TestSuite_hotplug.py
TestSuite_iavf.py
TestSuite_jumboframes.py
TestSuite_link_flowctrl.py
TestSuite_link_status_interrupt.py
TestSuite_mac_filter.py
TestSuite_mdd.py
TestSuite_multicast.py
TestSuite_veb_switch.py
TestSuite_vf_interrupt_pmd.py
TestSuite_vf_jumboframe.py
TestSuite_vf_kernel.py
TestSuite_vf_l3fwd.py
TestSuite_vf_macfilter.py
TestSuite_vf_offload.py
TestSuite_vf_packet_rxtx.py
TestSuite_vf_port_start_stop.py
TestSuite_vf_rss.py
TestSuite_vf_vlan.py

Vhost/Virtio regression test is passed, below is the major test list. 
pvp_multi_paths_vhost_single_core_performance
pvp_multi_paths_virtio_single_core_performance
pvp_multi_paths_performance
pvp_qemu_multi_paths_port_restart
pvp_diff_qemu_version
vhost_multi_queue_qemu
vhost_virtio_pmd_interrupt
virtio_event_idx_interrupt
vhost_dequeue_zero_copy
pvp_virtio_user_multi_queues

Cryptodev/Compression regression test is passed, below is the major test list.
unit_tests_cryptodev_func
ipsec_gw_cryptodev_func
fips_cryptodev
l2fwd-crypto_cryptodev_func
crypto-perf_cryptodev_perf
virtio_ipsec_cryptodev_func
virtio_unit_cryptodev_func
virtio_perf_cryptodev_func
QAT compression PMD
ISA_L Compression PMD
Zlib Compression PMD
Compressdev QAT 

Other Packet processing libraries test such as Power, Metrics, HQoS, are also tested. 
DPDK PMD for AF_XDP_test
ntb_test_plan
cbdma_test_plan
rte_security AESNI 
rte_security AESNI 
IPsec: Security Association Database (SAD)
IPsec: Support multiple crypto processing modes for the same SA
Qos_sched
Ip_pipeline
softnic


> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev <dev-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Luca Boccassi
> Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:51 PM
> To: dev@dpdk.org
> Cc: thomas@monjalon.net; Ju-Hyoung Lee <juhlee@microsoft.com>; Abhishek
> Marathe <Abhishek.Marathe@microsoft.com>
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Here's the report from the automated Jenkins pipeline at MSFT - QA team will be
> out for Thanksgiving this week, they can chip in next week for more details, but I
> do not see any blocking issue being highlighted - just the usual small
> performance issue that is already being investigated separately.
> 
> 
> DPDK v19.11-rc4 was validated on Azure for Canonical UbuntuServer 16.04-LTS
> latest, Canonical UbuntuServer 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest, RedHat RHEL 7-RAW
> latest, RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest, Openlogic CentOS 7.5 latest, SUSE SLES 15 latest.
> Tested with Mellanox and netvsc poll-mode drivers.
> The tests were executed using LISAv2 framework
> ( https://github.com/LIS/LISAv2 ).
> 
> Test case description:
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-COMPLIANCE - verifies kernel is supported and that the build is
> successful
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST - verifies using testpmd that packets
> can be sent from a VM to another VM
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK - disables/enables Accelerated Networking
> for the NICs under test and makes sure DPDK works in both scenarios
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC - disables/enables Accelerated
> Networking for the NICs while generating traffic using testpmd
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-FWD-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK forwarding performance using
> testpmd on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd
> on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS4_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using
> testpmd on 1 core, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-DS15 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd
> on 2, 4, 8 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_DS15_v2
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32 - verifies DPDK performance using testpmd
> on 2, 4, 8, 16 cores, rx and io mode on size Standard_F32s_v2
> 
> * DPDK-RING-LATENCY - verifies DPDK CPU latency using
> https://github.com/shemminger/dpdk-ring-ping
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-PRIMARY-SECONDARY-PROCESSES - verifies primary / secondary
> processes support for DPDK. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu distros with Linux
> kernel >= 4.20
> 
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS - builds OVS with DPDK support and tests if the OVS DPDK
> ports can be created. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.
> * VERIFY-DPDK-VPP - builds VPP with DPDK support and tests if the VPP ports are
> present. Runs only on RHEL and Ubuntu distros.
> * VERIFY-DPDK-NFF-GO - builds NFF-GO with DPDK support and runs the
> functional tests from the NFF-GO repository. Runs only on Ubuntu distro.
> 
>  DPDK job exited with status: UNSTABLE.
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer
> 16.04-LTS latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Canonical UbuntuServer
> 18.04-DAILY-LTS latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7-RAW latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'RedHat RHEL 7.5 latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'Openlogic CentOS 7.5
> latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> Test results for DPDK 'v19.11-rc4' and Azure image: 'SUSE SLES 15 latest':
> 
> * PERF-DPDK-SINGLE-CORE-PPS-DS4: FAILED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-OVS: SKIPPED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-BUILD-AND-TESTPMD-TEST: PASSED
> * VERIFY-SRIOV-FAILSAFE-FOR-DPDK: PASSED
> * PERF-DPDK-MULTICORE-PPS-F32: PASSED
> * VERIFY-DPDK-FAILSAFE-DURING-TRAFFIC: PASSED
> 
> On Wed, 2019-11-27 at 00:56 +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> >
> > https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.11-rc4
> >
> > 93 patches were integrated.
> >
> > The release notes so far:
> >
> > http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_11.html
> >
> > It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.
> >
> > This is the last release candidate for DPDK 19.11.
> > After -rc4 only critical bug fixes and doc updates should be accepted.
> >
> > The major release should be done in a couple of days (Thanksgiving?).
> > Please share some release validation results by replying to this
> > message (at dev@dpdk.org ).
> >
> > If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1
> > patches before the 20.02 proposal deadline, which will happen on
> > December 6th.
> > It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.
> >
> > Thank you everyone
> >
> >
> >
> --
> Kind regards,
> Luca Boccassi

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-11-26 23:56 [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.11-rc4 Thomas Monjalon
2019-11-27 18:16 ` Stokes, Ian
2019-11-28  9:51 ` Luca Boccassi
2019-11-28 10:29   ` Sachin Saxena
2019-11-28 13:14   ` Xu, Qian Q
2019-11-28 12:25 ` Ali Alnubani

DPDK patches and discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
		dev@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dev


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox