* Stablish uni-directional ethernet link
@ 2023-10-01 14:14 Alireza Sadeghpour
From: Alireza Sadeghpour @ 2023-10-01 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I am trying to establish a uni-directional Ethernet link where a singular
fiber is used to transmit data to the receiver where both sides use ixgbe
as the driver. The Rx of the transmit side and the Tx of the receive side
are not physically connected, like in a Data diode scenario. the ethernet
controller on both sides is intel 82599.

To force links state to UP(as soon as I detach the TX line from one side,
both side link status goes DOWN), i set FLU bit in AUTOC register and also
I set the speed with LMS bits in the AUTOC register.

Links successfully become UP, but I can not receive UDP packets that are
sent from the TX side on the RX side.

Any advice to establish a uni-directional sfp link is appreciated.