From: "Zhang, Roy Fan" <roy.fan.zhang@intel.com>
To: Akhil Goyal <gakhil@marvell.com>,
	"Luse, Paul E" <paul.e.luse@intel.com>,
	 "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Cc: "matan@nvidia.com" <matan@nvidia.com>,
	"hemant.agrawal@nxp.com" <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Recent change to make rte_cryptodev_pmd.h internal prevents some important functionality
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 07:43:58 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Akhil,

This isn’t what our concern was – our concern was rte_cryptodev_close() may not remove the memory complete as rte_cryptodev_pmd_destroy() did.
Our research result towards this was if the PMD could act more throughout to make rte_cryptodev_close() working same as rte_cryptodev_pmd_destroy().

What Paul’s concern is valid: We DO NOT have a way to release a queue pair manually anymore, and releasing queue pair to me should not be blocked from public API access.
To resolve this problem we should have a public queue_pair_release() function in the cryptodev. If you are ok I can send a patch for 21.11 right away.

Regards,
Fan