* RSS on L2TP, Teredo, PPPoE Tunnels
@ 2022-11-10 14:47 Tarun Badnora
From: Tarun Badnora @ 2022-11-10 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello DPDK Team,

Hope you guys are doing great !!

We are developing application with dpdk 22.03 & Mellanox Connectx-6 adapter,
Want to use IP-Port tuples (Inner in case of tunnels) to RSS traffic to multiple queues.

We need to handle L2TPv2/3, Teredo, PPPoE etc, but adapter have limited tunnels support.

Is there a way/possibility in DPDK to support mentioned or define user specific tunnels & achieve RSS on inner tuples ?

From documentation, we came across these approaches:

1.       Rte flow Flex item:

a.       This is not supported by adapter.

2.       testpmd> flow tunnel create  0 type "":

a.        Not getting documentation to check.

Please suggest.

Environment:

*         OS: Ubuntu 20.04

*         Driver: MLNX_OFED_LINUX-5.5-1.0.3.2

*         Firmware: 22.32.2004

Regards,
Tarun Badnora

* RE: RSS on L2TP, Teredo, PPPoE Tunnels
@ 2022-11-15  8:45 ` Tarun Badnora
From: Tarun Badnora @ 2022-11-15  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, dev-owner

Hello Team,

A gentle reminder.

Regards,

We are developing application with dpdk 22.03 & Mellanox Connectx-6 adapter,
Want to use IP-Port tuples (Inner in case of tunnels) to RSS traffic to multiple queues.

We need to handle L2TPv2/3, Teredo, PPPoE etc, but adapter have limited tunnels support.

Is there a way/possibility in DPDK to support mentioned or define user specific tunnels & achieve RSS on inner tuples ?

From documentation, we came across these approaches:

@ 2022-11-21  5:23 ` Gregory Etelson
From: Gregory Etelson @ 2022-11-21  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tarun Badnora, dev

Hello,

The Flex item API allows to extend network protocols provided in port hardware.
The API allows DPDK application build a custom network protocol parser after providing the protocol description.
You can create a Flex item for network protocols you’ve mentioned over mlx5 BlueField-2 ports.

Regards,
Gregory

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Hello DPDK Team,

Hope you guys are doing great !!

We are developing application with dpdk 22.03 & Mellanox Connectx-6 adapter,
Want to use IP-Port tuples (Inner in case of tunnels) to RSS traffic to multiple queues.

We need to handle L2TPv2/3, Teredo, PPPoE etc, but adapter have limited tunnels support.

Is there a way/possibility in DPDK to support mentioned or define user specific tunnels & achieve RSS on inner tuples ?

From documentation, we came across these approaches:

  1.  Rte flow Flex item:

     *   This is not supported by adapter.

  1.  testpmd> flow tunnel create  0 type “”: