* [dpdk-dev]  Query for support hw gro offload
@ 2020-02-07 10:39 fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2020-02-07 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ferruh.yigit, dev

Hello Ferruh,

1. Current dpdk framework provide software GRO feature, but do not
support hardware GRO offload. and it now can only process tcp4 and
vxland_tcp4 streams.
2. HNS3's hardware 1620(ARM SoC) support hardware GRO offload, it
can process tcp4 and tcp6 streams.
3. linux kernerl driver support hardware GRO feature already (named
rx-gro-hw).

so my questions:
1. Can dpdk framework have plan to support hardware GRO offload?
2. If we make this patch, could it upstream?

Regards,
Chengwen

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Query for support hw gro offload
@ 2020-02-07 12:00 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-02-07 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fengchengwen, dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, Andrew Rybchenko

On 2/7/2020 10:39 AM, fengchengwen wrote:
> Hello Ferruh,
>
> 1. Current dpdk framework provide software GRO feature, but do not
> support hardware GRO offload. and it now can only process tcp4 and
> vxland_tcp4 streams.
> 2. HNS3's hardware 1620(ARM SoC) support hardware GRO offload, it
> can process tcp4 and tcp6 streams.
> 3. linux kernerl driver support hardware GRO feature already (named
> rx-gro-hw).
>
> so my questions:
> 1. Can dpdk framework have plan to support hardware GRO offload?
> 2. If we make this patch, could it upstream?

Hi Chengwen,

cc'ed ethdev maintainers.

Can't you use LRO [1] for HW GRO offload?

[1]
http://lxr.dpdk.org/dpdk/v19.11/source/doc/guides/nics/features.rst#L193