test suite reviews and discussions
* [RFC] DTS Commit Policies
@ 2022-01-12 15:08 Owen Hilyard
From: Owen Hilyard @ 2022-01-12 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, dts

Hello Everyone,

The DTS Working Group wanted to let everyone give feedback on the proposed
DTS commit policies. Please leave a comment with any feedback you have. We
will be reviewing feedback in the DTS Working Group meeting on January
26th, at which point the comment period will close.

The purpose of the commit policies is to help standardize the code that
makes up DTS, as well as help new additions meet community requirements,
such as avoiding breaking changes, ensuring runtime stability, and aiding
debugability.

Owen Hilyard

DTS Working Group meeting room:
https://armltd.zoom.us/j/97503259680?pwd=VVlmWnlnTXJkVGkwR2JOU3R3b3Vndz09&from=addon

* RE: [RFC] DTS Commit Policies
@ 2022-01-17 12:23 ` Juraj Linkeš
From: Juraj Linkeš @ 2022-01-17 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Owen Hilyard, dev, dts

The DTS Working Group wanted to let everyone give feedback on the proposed DTS commit policies. Please leave a comment with any feedback you have. We will be reviewing feedback in the DTS Working Group meeting on January 26th, at which point the comment period will close.

The purpose of the commit policies is to help standardize the code that makes up DTS, as well as help new additions meet community requirements, such as avoiding breaking changes, ensuring runtime stability, and aiding debugability.

Owen Hilyard

DTS Working Group meeting room: https://armltd.zoom.us/j/97503259680?pwd=VVlmWnlnTXJkVGkwR2JOU3R3b3Vndz09&from=addon

I always like to follow the practices captured in this article: https://cbea.ms/git-commit/

I think it also makes sense to be as close as possible to DPDK, so trying to use what we can from their guidelines [0] would be a good start.

Juraj

[0] https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/contributing/patches.html#commit-messages-subject-line

* Re: [RFC] DTS Commit Policies
@ 2022-01-18 14:30   ` Owen Hilyard