DPDK community structure changes
* [dpdk-moving] Weekly Meetings
@ 2016-11-04 14:23 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2016-11-04 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

I set up a weekly meeting to continue our discussions on moving to the Linux Foundation. I included the moving@dpdk.org mailing list on the distribution, but the meeting invite never seemed to reach the mailing list (I did get a message saying it needed to be approved by the moderator for some reason). Anyway, to make sure that everybody is aware of the meetings, here are the details:

Tuesdays from November 8th onwards. Currently I set the duration to 4 weeks but we can adjust that as required.
3pm GMT/4pm CET/7am PST/10am EST.
Access numbers:
    France: +33 1588 77298
    UK: +44 179340 2663
    USA: +1 916 356 2663
Bridge Number: 5
Conference ID: 94641018
Join Skype Meeting: https://meet.intel.com/tim.odriscoll/G7H113HY

For next Tuesday's meeting, we'll discuss the following:

1. Budget. We'll review the budget that was proposed earlier this year and see if/how it needs to be changed. This is available at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3686Xb_jf4FtxdX8Mus9UwIxUb2vI_ppmJV5GnXcLg/edit#gid=302618256. I'm talking with Raghu and others from the LF team later today to understand their cost model if we want to create a DPDK CI lab, so we should have some input from that for Tuesday's discussion as well.

2. We discussed two possible approaches in Dublin: 1) move to LF with 0 budget as the OVS project did; 2) agree a budget and membership first and then move to LF. In Dublin we decided on option 2 and agreed to target having an updated budget within 4 weeks. I was asked about this again earlier in the week though, so we should touch on it again and make sure that we have a consensus on this.

3. Any other issues that people want to bring up. I know our validation team are working on a CI proposal, so if this is available in time we can discuss that as well.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-11-04 14:24 UTC | newest]