* [dpdk-users] AES "Digest-encrypted" crypto chain case.
@ 2019-09-09  9:15 Naveen Kumar
From: Naveen Kumar @ 2019-09-09  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,
I am trying to test AES symmetric crypto case  "Digest-encrypted" by chaining Authentication operation followed by Ciphering.
Digest data pointer, Ciphering lengths etc., are configured such that ciphering operation includes the digest data (as mentioned in ‘rte_crypto_sym.h’ line:650-715).

With QAT PMD, I see the ‘raw’ digest data overwritten on the ciphered output as end result.

This issue is seen only with AES - ‘Digest-Encrypt’ chained operation. Not with Snow3G/ZUC chained operations.

Does anyone face this issue?

Regards,
Naveen

--
Naveen Kumar
Senior Engineer

CommAgility is a Wireless Telecom Group company
T: +49 (0)203 306 4537 | www.commagility.com
Registered in England, Company No. 05914025. VAT No. DE299686390
CommAgility is an ISO 9001:2015-certified company
This email is confidential, for recipient’s use only.

* Re: [dpdk-users] AES "Digest-encrypted" crypto chain case.
@ 2019-09-09 14:08 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2019-09-09 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naveen Kumar, users; +Cc: Trahe, Fiona

Hi Naveen,

Which chain exactly are you testing? i.e. which cipher mode, which auth algorithm?
Our tests so far have focussed on ZUC and Snow3G use-cases.

Fiona

@ 2019-09-09 14:27   ` Naveen Kumar
From: Naveen Kumar @ 2019-09-09 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trahe, Fiona, users

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for prompt response.
I observe digest overwriting issue with below combination (chained):

//
    auth_xform->type = RTE_CRYPTO_SYM_XFORM_AUTH;
    auth_xform->auth.algo = RTE_CRYPTO_AUTH_AES_CMAC;
    auth_xform->auth.op = RTE_CRYPTO_AUTH_OP_GENERATE;

    cipher_xform->type = RTE_CRYPTO_SYM_XFORM_CIPHER;
    cipher_xform->cipher.algo = RTE_CRYPTO_CIPHER_AES_CTR;
    cipher_xform->cipher.op = RTE_CRYPTO_CIPHER_OP_ENCRYPT;
//

Testing with snow3g and ZUC on same test suite i.e, encryption including digest, works as expected.

regards,
Naveen