* [dpdk-users] Looking for packet forwarding of real traffic
@ 2016-06-03 22:41 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2016-06-03 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

	Hi,

	I'm looking a an example of simple packet forwarding of real
traffic with DPDK.
	I have two Ethernet segments :
		Host A <-> Switch 1 <-> Host D <-> Switch 2 <-> Host B
	Host D has two ports, one in each segment.
	A and B are in the same subnet and will run ping, netperf, wget...

	If I use OVS-DPDK on Host D, it works fine. But OVS is way too
complex for what I want.
	If I use l2fwd from DPDK, it does not work. The broadcast ARP
does not make it through.

	Is there a simple example of packet forwarding that is
supposed to work ? I have no need for L2 learning or anything fancy,
just forwarding packets between the two ports.

	Regards,

	Jean

* Re: [dpdk-users] Looking for packet forwarding of real traffic
@ 2016-06-05  7:37 ` SAKTHIVEL ANAND S
       [not found]   ` <AT5PR84MB0244CB535C2CE6999B492EB4F35D0@AT5PR84MB0244.NAMPRD84.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
From: SAKTHIVEL ANAND S @ 2016-06-05  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jean.tourrilhes; +Cc: users

you may try KNI app ,in the examples.

Thanks

--
Thanks
Sakthivel S OM

* Re: [dpdk-users] FW: Looking for packet forwarding of real traffic
       [not found]   ` <AT5PR84MB0244CB535C2CE6999B492EB4F35D0@AT5PR84MB0244.NAMPRD84.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
@ 2016-06-07 18:35     ` Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2016-06-07 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, anand.sa88