* [dpdk-users] DPDK : iperf , PMD related problem
@ 2020-01-24 11:38 soumya pal
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: soumya pal @ 2020-01-24 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
I am new to DPDK.
I am creating a traffic generator for LTE. I need to wrap the traffic using GTPU header. My application opens one PMD interface. I like to run dpdk-iperf application to generate various types of traffics. I need to catch the traffic on PMD and put proper GTPU header. Please note that I have created a small ARP implementation to know the MAC address of the remote end.
Please let me know
1. Is it possible to capture the dpdk-iperf traffic in PMD?
2. What is the maximum size of that packet?
3. Is this capturing process in PMD time consuming? Will it affect the system?
4. Previously I have used one extra KNI interface to get the traffic from Kernel ( say normal iperf). My problem was it was also including traffic like “mdns” to go ( wrapped in GTPU) from the Virtual interface (kni), which we do not want to send via PMD to remote end. Is there any solution for that?
Please let me know your inputs.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-01-24 11:38 [dpdk-users] DPDK : iperf , PMD related problem soumya pal
DPDK usage discussions
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox