* How to disable usage of VPCLMULQDQ
@ 2022-12-23 11:15 Oleksandr Nahnybida
From: Oleksandr Nahnybida @ 2022-12-23 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

DPDKv22.11

My build machine supports VPCLMULQDQ instruction, but the machine I run
DPDK on doesn't support it, is there a way to force the build system not to
use this instruction?

Right now, I added this line at the beginning of config/x86/meson.build:
machine_args += '-mno-vpclmulqdq'

But, it would have been nice if there was a build config to do this.

Best Regards,
Oleksandr

* Re: How to disable usage of VPCLMULQDQ
@ 2022-12-23 11:57 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2022-12-23 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksandr Nahnybida; +Cc: users

> Hi All,
>
> DPDKv22.11
>
> My build machine supports VPCLMULQDQ instruction, but the machine I run
> DPDK on doesn't support it, is there a way to force the build system not to
> use this instruction?
>
> Right now, I added this line at the beginning of config/x86/meson.build:
> machine_args += '-mno-vpclmulqdq'
>
> But, it would have been nice if there was a build config to do this.

Hi Oleksandr,

Use -Dcpu_instruction_set=haswell (for example) suitable for your target.

Read more about -Dplatform and -Dcpu_instruction_set:
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/linux_gsg/build_dpdk.html