* capturing .pcap file on NIC interface
@ 2023-10-06 14:53 Prasad Chivakula
From: Prasad Chivakula @ 2023-10-06 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi

I am trying to capture eCPRI packets on NIC card interface that is
connected to a Radio in our 5G set up. I would like to know how to use
dpdk-pdump to accomplish this? Do i have to rebuild dpdk with these
options, if so, can you please provide instructions for this ?

Thanks in advance
Prasad

* Re: capturing .pcap file on NIC interface
@ 2023-10-10 15:43 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2023-10-10 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prasad Chivakula; +Cc: users

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 07:53:13 -0700
Prasad Chivakula <prasad@aira-technology.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to capture eCPRI packets on NIC card interface that is
> connected to a Radio in our 5G set up. I would like to know how to use
> dpdk-pdump to accomplish this? Do i have to rebuild dpdk with these
> options, if so, can you please provide instructions for this ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Prasad

Application has to call rte_pdump_init in startup.
Then use the dpdk-dumpcap application. The older pdump is more complex
to use and has less features.