* DPDK used for building programs and the one used to run the programs
@ 2023-12-05 13:47 Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2023-12-05 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

On the target machine I use to have a DPDK compiled after installing
the Mellanox 5/6 drivers.
I see that there are files related to MLX5 pmds in the target machine
(include files).

To compile my programs I use a container where there is installed a
DPDK that doesn't have the MLX5 support, I mean I don't find the
rte_mlx5_pmds.h in the container.

Now, a program compiled in the container could have problems when
using MLX5 on the target machine?

Thanks,
Anna.

* Re: DPDK used for building programs and the one used to run the programs
@ 2023-12-05 16:34 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2023-12-05 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Di Bacco; +Cc: users

On Tue, 5 Dec 2023 14:47:47 +0100
Antonio Di Bacco <a.dibacco.ks@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the target machine I use to have a DPDK compiled after installing
> the Mellanox 5/6 drivers.
> I see that there are files related to MLX5 pmds in the target machine
> (include files).
>
> To compile my programs I use a container where there is installed a
> DPDK that doesn't have the MLX5 support, I mean I don't find the
> rte_mlx5_pmds.h in the container.
>
> Now, a program compiled in the container could have problems when
> using MLX5 on the target machine?
>
> Thanks,
> Anna.

Header files are only used when compiling.
A possible issue is any shared libraries that MLX5 PMD is depending on not being
visible in the container.