* KNI RTNETLINK operation not supported
@ 2024-02-20 23:23 John He
From: John He @ 2024-02-20 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am using a CentOS 7.9 VMware VM, kernel version

kernel-3.10.0-1160.92.1.el7.x86_64

I have created a KNI interface but when I run

ip link set <kni> up

I get

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

This same software and command works on a CentOS 7.7 bare iron machine.

What is the problem, and how do I investigate this?

* Re: KNI RTNETLINK operation not supported
@ 2024-02-20 23:50 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2024-02-20 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John He; +Cc: users

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:23:03 +0000
John He <john.he@starsolutions.com> wrote:

> I am using a CentOS 7.9 VMware VM, kernel version
>
> kernel-3.10.0-1160.92.1.el7.x86_64
>
> I have created a KNI interface but when I run
>
> ip link set <kni> up
>
> I get
>
> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
>
> This same software and command works on a CentOS 7.7 bare iron machine.
>
> What is the problem, and how do I investigate this?

KNI is deprecated and no longer supported. But then again so is CentOS 7