* [dpdk-users] pkt mempool with custom refcnt
@ 2021-01-20 10:04 Filip Janiszewski
From: Filip Janiszewski @ 2021-01-20 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

Is there a way to create/configure a mempool in such a way that while RX
bursting, the packets created from the pool have the refcnt greater than
the default value 1?

I can iterate over all the mbufs and update the refcnt valued manually
for each received burst before pushing the bufs for further processing,
but this is actually too slow and we start dropping on the NIC..

So I was wondering if this case be delegated to DPDK or perhaps the NIC
(While creating the pool maybe?), so that I get rte_eth_rx_burst mbufs
with refcnt > 1.

Thanks

--
BR, Filip
+48 666 369 823

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-20 10:04 UTC | newest]