* [dpdk-users] [crypto-QAT] how does qat sym pmd setup session
@ 2019-05-23 18:49 Meng Wang
From: Meng Wang @ 2019-05-23 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I find it a bit confusing that in qat_sym_pmd.c, session_pool was not
set when sym qp was setup, as shown below.

static int qat_sym_qp_setup(struct rte_cryptodev *dev, uint16_t qp_id,
     const struct rte_cryptodev_qp_conf *qp_conf,
     int socket_id, struct rte_mempool *session_pool __rte_unused)

However, later on when qat sym builds request it explicitly looks for
session info in qat_sym_build_request(), which ends up with failure.

Did I miss something during device and qp setup? How does qat sym setup
session info for qp?

Thanks,
Meng

* Re: [dpdk-users] [crypto-QAT] how does qat sym pmd setup session
@ 2019-05-24  9:37 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2019-05-24  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Meng Wang, users; +Cc: Trahe, Fiona

Hi Meng,

[Fiona] the session_pool passed to qp_setup is only for use in sessionless ops.
See API comments in rte_cryptodev.h.
QAT does not support sessionless, so doesn't use this param.

For session based ops, which use RTE_CRYPTO_OP_WITH_SESSION, the session
Is independent of the qp. How it's used is not QAT-specific.
The procedure is to call rte_cryptodev_sym_session_create(pool),
then rte_cryptodev_sym_session_init(dev_id)
Further details are described here:
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/cryptodev_lib.html