From: "Xiaoping Yan (NSB)" <xiaoping.yan@nokia-sbell.com>
To: "Burakov, Anatoly" <anatoly.burakov@intel.com>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: RE: why rte_power_ethdev_pmgmt_queue_enable need to check if other queues are stopped
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 14:10:23 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312", Size: 4525 bytes --]

Hi,

>> not unless you start polling those queues from some other thread
I don¡¯t understand this point.
As the rx callback is per queue data, it seems to me only thing is we should not polling this queue  while we are modify its callback. So only this queue should be in stopped state (maybe even this is not required? Because I see atomic operation is used (__atomic_store_n in rte_eth_add_rx_callback and __atomic_load_n in rte_eth_rx_burst)).
Anyway, polling other queues on some other thread should not affect, right? Or can you help to explain a bit more on this?

Thank you very much.

Br, Xiaoping

Author: Anatoly Burakov anatoly.burakov@intel.com<mailto:anatoly.burakov@intel.com>
Date:   Fri Jul 9 16:08:15 2021 +0000

power: support callbacks for multiple Rx queues

Thank you.

Br, Xiaoping