* [dpdk-users] RX of multi-segment jumbo frames
@ 2019-02-09 11:11 Filip Janiszewski
From: Filip Janiszewski @ 2019-02-09 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm attempting to receive jumbo frames (~9000 bytes) on a Mellonox card
using DPDK, I've configured the DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_JUMBO_FRAME offload for
rte_eth_conf and rte_eth_rxconf (per RX Queue), but I can capture jumbo
frames only if the mbuf is large enough to contain the whole packet, is
there a way to enable DPDK to chain the incoming data in mbufs smaller
than the actual packet?

We don't have many of those big packets coming in, so would be optimal
to leave the mbuf size to RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE and then configure
the RX device to chain those bufs for larger packets, but can't find a
way to do it, any suggestion?

Thanks

--
BR, Filip