* [dpdk-users] Using DPDK with SR-IOV
@ 2015-12-18  2:50 WBAHACER
       [not found] ` <953553853.37697245.1450407950520.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
From: WBAHACER @ 2015-12-18  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi everyone:
    I'm facing a problem about using DPDK with SR-IOV.
    My experiment environment: CPU, Intel Xeon E5-4603 v2;  NIC, Intel dual-port 82599ES;  OS, ubuntu 14.04.3.
    I have opened SR-IOV in my server, and i have configured two VFs (belong to different physical port) -- VF1 (mac: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:bb vlan:5 belong to eth1), VF2(mac: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:bb vlan:5 belong to eth2).
    And i ran a pktgen-2.9.1 in another server, which connected to this server by eth1 & eth2.
    I started the pktgen-2.9.1 to send packets (packet format --- mac: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, vlan: 5).
    Then When i ran tcpdump to listen VF1 & VF2, I can receive packets sended by pktgen. (eth1 & eth2 already up)
    But When i bound VF1 & VF2 to igb_uio, and ran a pktgen with these two VFs, i could neither receive packets nor send packets with pktgen.
    Is anybody face the same problem ?  Thanks a lot!

Furong

WBAHACER@126.com

* Re: [dpdk-users] Using DPDK with SR-IOV
       [not found] ` <953553853.37697245.1450407950520.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2015-12-18 12:31   ` Furong
From: Furong @ 2015-12-18 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zenghui Shi; +Cc: users

在 2015/12/18 11:05, Zenghui Shi 写道:

Thank for this, I can recv & send packets by binding VF1 & VF2 to vfio-pci.
The driver library is librte_pmd_ixgbe.so.