* [dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h: No such file or directory
@ 2016-01-11  5:52 Nagaraj Trivedi
From: Nagaraj Trivedi @ 2016-01-11  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All, as part of DPDK compilation I have executed the following command

make install T=i686-native-linuxapp-gcc

It is throwing error message saying

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
        from
/<path-to-dpdk-dir>/dpdk/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal.c:35:
/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or
directory

# include <sys/cdefs.h>

Compilation terminated

Please let me know what could be the reasons

Thanks & Regards
Nagaraj Trivedi

Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

* Re: [dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h: No such file or directory
@ 2016-01-11 14:57 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2016-01-11 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagaraj Trivedi, users

On 1/10/16, 11:52 PM, "users on behalf of Nagaraj Trivedi" <users-bounces@dpdk.org on behalf of nagaraj.trivedi@tcs.com> wrote:

>Hi All, as part of DPDK compilation I have executed the following command
>
>make install T=i686-native-linuxapp-gcc
>
>It is throwing error message saying
>
>In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
>        from
>/<path-to-dpdk-dir>/dpdk/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal.c:35:
>/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or
>directory
>
># include <sys/cdefs.h>
>
>Compilation terminated
>
>Please let me know what could be the reasons

Hi Niagara,

Please give us a bit more information like the Linux version and distro.

Eg.
rkwiles@rkwiles-supermicro:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	15.10
Codename:	wily

I am going to assume your Linux distribution does not have sys/cdefs.h in the same location as other distros. Please run a find on your system and see if cdefs.h is located some place else in the system then /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h

Thanks
++Keith

>Thanks & Regards
>Nagaraj Trivedi

>Experience certainty.   IT Services
>                        Business Solutions
>                        Consulting
>=====-----=====-----=====
>Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
>message and/or attachments to it may contain
>confidential or privileged information. If you are
>not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>review, distribution, printing or copying of the
>information contained in this e-mail message
>and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>you have received this communication in error,
>please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
>immediately and permanently delete the message
>and any attachments. Thank you

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h: No such file or directory
@ 2016-01-12 10:50   ` Nagaraj Trivedi
From: Nagaraj Trivedi @ 2016-01-12 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Hi Keith, cdefs.h is located under the directory

/usr/include/x86-64-linux-gnu/sys/cdefs.h

I have fixed this by modifying Makefile
<path-to-dpdk>/dpdk/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/Makefile as

CFLAGS +=  -I/usr/include/x86-64-linux-gnu/

But it is throwing error other files not found

fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

Is there a way that by modifying in only one place will fix these type of
issues

From:   "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To:     Nagaraj Trivedi <nagaraj.trivedi@tcs.com>, "users@dpdk.org"
<users@dpdk.org>
Date:   01/11/2016 08:27 PM
Subject:        Re: [dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h:
No such file or directory

@ 2016-01-12 19:55     ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2016-01-12 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagaraj Trivedi; +Cc: users

Theses types of include path are  normally contained the mk directory for the given tool and arch being built.

I am in a all da meetings at this time and can not look, but you can look in the mk directory(s) and see if you can determine why these basic include paths are not being added to your build.

What is the Linux Distro version you are currently building DDPK on?

Regards,
Keith

From:        "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com<mailto:keith.wiles@intel.com>>
To:        Nagaraj Trivedi <nagaraj.trivedi@tcs.com<mailto:nagaraj.trivedi@tcs.com>>, "users@dpdk.org<mailto:users@dpdk.org>" <users@dpdk.org<mailto:users@dpdk.org>>
Date:        01/11/2016 08:27 PM

@ 2016-01-13  8:53     ` Sergio Gonzalez Monroy
From: Sergio Gonzalez Monroy @ 2016-01-13  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagaraj Trivedi, Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Hi Nagaraj,

It looks like you are running on a 64 bit Linux distro but you are
building 32 bits DPDK app.
You are probably missing 32-bit glibc library/headers.

Thanks,
Sergio