* [dpdk-users] rte_mbuf size for jumbo frame
@ 2016-01-25 21:02 Saurabh Mishra
       [not found] ` <56A6A46C.1050003@chocot.jp>
From: Saurabh Mishra @ 2016-01-25 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hi,

We wanted to use 10400 bytes size of each rte_mbuf to enable Jumbo frames.
Do you guys see any problem with that? Would all the drivers like ixgbe,
i40e, vmxnet3, virtio and bnx2x work with larger rte_mbuf size?

We would want to avoid detailing with chained mbufs.

/Saurabh

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] rte_mbuf size for jumbo frame
       [not found] ` <56A6A46C.1050003@chocot.jp>
@ 2016-01-26 14:01   ` Polehn, Mike A
From: Polehn, Mike A @ 2016-01-26 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masaru OKI, Saurabh Mishra, users, dev

Jumbo frames are generally handled by link lists (but called something else) of mbufs.
Enabling jumbo frames for the device driver should enable the right portion of the driver which handles the linked lists.

Don't make the mbufs huge.

Mike

1. Take care of unit size of mempool for mbuf.
2. Call rte_eth_dev_set_mtu() for each interface.
    Note that some PMDs does not supported change MTU.