* [dpdk-users] QAT VFs using cryptodev - memory requirements
@ 2020-12-03 12:57 Joshi, Venkatesh
From: Joshi, Venkatesh @ 2020-12-03 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I have a DPDK application running 5 instances on 5 CPUs. I have bound 1 QAT VF to each of the CPUs using cryptodev.

I have allocated only a single instance of the following:
* The crypto op pool using rte_crypto_op_pool_create()
* The symmetric session pool using rte_cryptodev_sym_session_pool_create()

So, the pools will be shared by the 5 cryptodevs. Is this safe to do?

Is there any recommendation on whether each cryptodev instance should have its own memory pools?

Regards,
Venkatesh

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-03 12:57 UTC | newest]