* [dpdk-users] DPDK without Hugepages
@ 2020-10-08 20:11 Meni Hillel
From: Meni Hillel @ 2020-10-08 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am new to DPDK... I'd like to know if it is possible to use DPDK without the acceleration of hugepages, specifically rings, mbuf and hashmap, but not using accelerated networking.

I realize it will not be as performant, but is it possible? In case someone would want to know why would I want to do that is - we have already developed code that uses DPDK, were we control the OS, kernel, packaging etc. There is a portion of that we'd like to use in environment where we do not and cannot control kernel/os and thus would not be able to configure hugepages. For obvious reasons, we don't want to rewrite the code and use a different libraries.

I've noticed the docs has an option for no-huge but it is also claimed unsupported. So before we resort to desperate measures, I'm hoping it is possible.

Appreciate any help/advise.

Meni