* Support for RDMA in DPDK
@ 2022-11-30 10:02 Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-11-30 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I would like to understand if DPDK will support officially RDMA
through a set of APIs.

Regards.

* Re: Support for RDMA in DPDK
@ 2022-12-01 18:24 ` Cliff Burdick
From: Cliff Burdick @ 2022-12-01 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Di Bacco; +Cc: users

If you are looking for RDMA to GPU devices, you can use gpudev in newer
DPDK versions to do it.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 2:02 AM Antonio Di Bacco <a.dibacco.ks@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would like to understand if DPDK will support officially RDMA
> through a set of APIs.
>
> Regards.

* Re: Support for RDMA in DPDK
@ 2022-12-02  8:05   ` Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-12-02  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Burdick; +Cc: users

Thank you for the information.

I would need RDMA from a network card. Is there anything boiling in the pot?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 7:24 PM Cliff Burdick <shaklee3@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are looking for RDMA to GPU devices, you can use gpudev in newer DPDK versions to do it.
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 2:02 AM Antonio Di Bacco <a.dibacco.ks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to understand if DPDK will support officially RDMA
>> through a set of APIs.
>>
>> Regards.

* Re: Support for RDMA in DPDK
@ 2022-12-02 16:50     ` Cliff Burdick
From: Cliff Burdick @ 2022-12-02 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Di Bacco; +Cc: users

> Thank you for the information.
>
> I would need RDMA from a network card. Is there anything boiling in the
> pot?
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 7:24 PM Cliff Burdick <shaklee3@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you are looking for RDMA to GPU devices, you can use gpudev in newer
> DPDK versions to do it.
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 2:02 AM Antonio Di Bacco <a.dibacco.ks@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I would like to understand if DPDK will support officially RDMA
> >> through a set of APIs.
> >>
> >> Regards.

Hi Antonio, can you talk about what you're trying to do? The Connect-X
cards with gpudev can do RDMA. I'm not sure if it works or is supported on
other cards.

* Re: Support for RDMA in DPDK
@ 2022-12-02 17:06       ` Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-12-02 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cliff Burdick; +Cc: users

Hi Cliff,

my goal is to be able to use a set of DPDK APIs to allow an
application to configure a network card (Connect-X or E810-C) to
transfer the received packets to a location in the RAM with the RDMA
in order to improve the latency.

Thx,
Antonio.

@ 2022-12-02 21:46         ` Cliff Burdick