* Hosted DPDK development using Mellanox NICs
@ 2022-04-29 23:19 fwefew 4t4tg
From: fwefew 4t4tg @ 2022-04-29 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

This is a follow-up to earlier questions I posted to this group on
alternatives to AWS for DPDK development.

From https://news.ycombinator.com/ I was turned on to Equinix from which
bare metal boxes are offered. I found they have better hardware for this
purpose at less than half the cost. The boxes come with Mellanox ConnectX-4
Lx NICs superior to AWS ENA NICs in capability and performance. You can
reserve two perfectly good machines for a buck an hour. You're billed by
the hour and return them to Equinix at will.

I prepared this instruction set:

https://github.com/rodgarrison/reinvent/blob/ubuntu/doc/equinix_mellanox_setup.md

to give a fairly complete, precise instruction set on how to configure two
Equinix machines running DPDK. It deals with all prerequisite setup
including the Mellanox driver. In fact, I have not found a single write-up
anywhere that pulls together everything in one place.