* i40e PMD: Tx hang issue
@ 2023-05-08  6:52 madhukar mythri
From: madhukar mythri @ 2023-05-08  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

We are facing an issue at the Transmit side randomly after 8 to 10 days of
network traffic flow on the Intel X710 10G NIC with i40e PMD.
We found the issue is at Transmit side Tx-queue, as the Tx packets were not
going out and also observed that the Tx-queue stats were not incrementing,
even though we are sending packets out through the 'rte_eth_tx_burst()',
this function returns '0'. Whereas the Rx-packets were received well at the
same-time and Rx-stats were incremented well, even the NIC Link is also
stable at 1G speed.

So, has anyone faced such issue on this DPDK i40e PMD at Transmit
side(Tx-queue), if so, please let us know, if any known-issue 'Or'
fix/work-around on this.

DPDK-version: DPDK-21.11
X710 NIC speed: Connected with 1G speed switch-port. so, as per
auto-negotiation the link-speed is 1G only.
X710 NIC firmware-version: "fw 6.0.48442 api 1.7 nvm 6.01 0x80003b43
1.1824.0 [8086:1589] [108e:7b1c]".

Thanks,
Madhukar.

* Re: i40e PMD: Tx hang issue
@ 2023-05-18 12:04 ` Nishant Verma
From: Nishant Verma @ 2023-05-18 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madhukar mythri; +Cc: users

Hi Madhukar,

Can you please elaborate what issue you found in TX-side? Any solution for
that?
For me it seems to be both rx and tx.

Thanks.

Regards,
Nishant Verma

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 2:53 AM madhukar mythri <madhukar.mythri@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are facing an issue at the Transmit side randomly after 8 to 10 days of
> network traffic flow on the Intel X710 10G NIC with i40e PMD.
> We found the issue is at Transmit side Tx-queue, as the Tx packets were
> not going out and also observed that the Tx-queue stats were not
> incrementing, even though we are sending packets out through the
> 'rte_eth_tx_burst()', this function returns '0'. Whereas the Rx-packets
> were received well at the same-time and Rx-stats were incremented well,
> even the NIC Link is also stable at 1G speed.
>
> So, has anyone faced such issue on this DPDK i40e PMD at Transmit
> side(Tx-queue), if so, please let us know, if any known-issue 'Or'
> fix/work-around on this.
>
> DPDK-version: DPDK-21.11
> X710 NIC speed: Connected with 1G speed switch-port. so, as per
> auto-negotiation the link-speed is 1G only.
> X710 NIC firmware-version: "fw 6.0.48442 api 1.7 nvm 6.01 0x80003b43
> 1.1824.0 [8086:1589] [108e:7b1c]".
>
> Thanks,
> Madhukar.

* Re: i40e PMD: Tx hang issue