* Assistance needed to enable ipsec mb on dpdk
@ 2023-05-31 15:17 Felipe Polanco
From: Felipe Polanco @ 2023-05-31 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

We have two identical servers with dpdk and ipsecMB libraries installed.

One of the servers was configured by a colleague and its working fine with
dpdk-test-crypto-perf but I'm configuring the other and is failing with
cannot find cryptodev device

1st server OK:
CRYPTODEV: Creating cryptodev crypto_aesni_gcm
CRYPTODEV: Initialisation parameters - name: crypto_aesni_gcm,socket id: 0,
max queue pairs: 8
ipsec_mb_create() line 168: IPSec Multi-buffer library version used: 1.3.0

TELEMETRY: No legacy callbacks, legacy socket not created
Allocated pool "sess_mp_0" on socket 0
    lcore id    Buf Size  Burst Size    Enqueued    Dequeued  Failed Enq
 Failed Deq        MOps        Gbps  Cycles/Buf

           1        1500          32      300000      300000           0
        0      6.2472     74.9660      336.15

2nd server NOK:
CRYPTODEV: Creating cryptodev crypto_aesni_gcm
CRYPTODEV: Initialisation parameters - name: crypto_aesni_gcm,socket id: 0,
max queue pairs: 8
CRYPTODEV: rte_cryptodev_pmd_create() line 115: Failed to allocate crypto
device for crypto_aesni_gcm
ipsec_mb_create() line 118: driver : create failed
vdev_probe(): failed to initialize crypto_aesni_gcm device
EAL: Bus (vdev) probe failed.
TELEMETRY: No legacy callbacks, legacy socket not created
No crypto devices type crypto_aesni_gcm available
USER1: Failed to initialise requested crypto device type

Steps I'm performing:

Installing IPSECMB from
https://github.com/intel/intel-ipsec-mb

Compiling dpdk-stable-22.11.1 and installing it.

Anything else I need to do to in order to enable IPSECMB on DPDK?