* DPDK application crashes with uio_pci_generic DPDK driver
@ 2023-06-23 12:42 SG
From: SG @ 2023-06-23 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Everyone,

I am running a DPDK based application on a centOS VM, which uses
uio_pci_generic DPDK driver for IO operations. The VM is hosted on a centOS
bare-metal. When I try to run, the application crashes and generates a
core-dump.

In the application flow, I fetch the port info using rte_eth_dev_info_get()
and initialize the DPDK port, it works fine.As part of application logic I
am fetching the port info using the same API rte_eth_dev_info_get() in
another thread, but the application is crashing while invoking this API.

Below are the VM configuration:

   1.

   DPDK version: 20.11
   2.

   KERNEL DRIVER: virtio
   3.

   DPDK DRIVER: uio_pci_generic
   4.

   VM OS: CentOS 7.9
   5.

   RAM: 8GB
   6.

   CPU: 9

Below are the BM configuration:

   1.

   QEMU-KVM version: 1.5.3
   2.

   Host OS: CentOS 7.9

The same application flow works fine in below combinations:

   1.

   With vfio-pci DPDK driver and same VM and host configuration
   2.

   The host OS is Ubuntu 20.04 and the QEMU-KVM version is 4.2.2.

Could anyone please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Somesh