From: Fengkai Sun <qcloud1014@gmail.com>
To: stephen@networkplumber.org
Cc: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Secondary process cannot call functions on hugepages
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 10:34:24 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sure the protection bit is correctly OR-ed with PROT_EXEC. I use
mprotect() on the entire hugepage on both primary and secondary processes,
and /proc/pid/maps file can verify that.

Thanks for your hint on libhugetlbfs. I skimmed through its HOWTO and found
that it uses a custom linker script to load the text/data/bss segment on
hugepages.
However, I didn't see how it can cooperate with the shared objects. And I
also found a SO question on how to do that:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40285971/how-to-load-text-segments-of-shared-libraries-into-huge-pages-on-linux

Also, as far as I know, the loading of shared objects is handled by
ld-linux.so, and changing the behavior of ld-linux.so needs some source
level modifications or symbol interpositioning. I compile libhugetlbfs but
find no obvious sign of symbol interpositioning.

--
Best,
Fengkai