* [dpdk-users] Best Practices for key storage
@ 2019-11-15 17:46 Eric Kuha
From: Eric Kuha @ 2019-11-15 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

Using openssl encryption to generate long-term and ephemeral keys for
asymmetric crypto sessions. What are the best practices for storing the
keys that have not yet expired? Clearly, storing them via rte_zmalloc() is
not desirable since it requires a lot of overhead, but I don't necessarily
want them sitting around in my op pool (or do I?).

When they are generated they are allocated in the crypto op pool. Should I
just not free the op struct and leave it in the pool for future operations?
Or should I copy the data to some other location for more semi-permanent
use and free the op struct?

Should they be allocated in a special key mempool? Or is there some other
best practice that is advised by the community/devs?

Many thanks,
Eric