* [dpdk-users] DPDK+vmxnet3 in a VM - IOMMU required?
@ 2018-10-19 16:47 Jintack Lim
From: Jintack Lim @ 2018-10-19 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm mostly working on virtualization, so my question might be dumb :)

I'm interested with DPDK+vmxnet3 scenario. What I'm not clear is that if
the VM strictly needs to have an IOMMU to give the vmxnet3 device to
userspace? If so, ESXi is capable of providing virtual IOMMU to a VM? If
IOMMU is not strictly required in the VM, then how do we pass the vmxnet3
device to userspace?

Best,
Jintack

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-10-19 16:48 UTC | newest]