* [dpdk-users] Question about RSS hash function
@ 2020-11-10  9:05 Pavel Vazharov
From: Pavel Vazharov @ 2020-11-10  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi there,

We are testing doing some tests with DPDK 19.11.5 and Intel 82599ES
10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ NIC.
In our scenario we need to make sure that all packets with given
source/destination IPs go on the same queue no matter if they are
fragmented or not.
So, per my understanding, we need the device to support ETH_RSS_IP or at
least (ETH_RSS_IPV4|ETH_RSS_FRAG_IPV4|ETH_RSS_IPV6|ETH_RSS_FRAG_IPV6).
However, the field rte_eth_dev_info.flow_type_rss_offloads reports that
this device supports only (ETH_RSS_IPV4|ETH_RSS_IPV6|ETH_RSS_IPV6_EX).
Here are my questions:
1. It seems to me that the device doesn't support RSS for IPv4/IPv6
fragments?
2. What can be done to achieve the wanted packet distribution if we can't
use the RSS? Do we need to use the rte_flow_* functions?

Thanks,
Pavel.