* [dpdk-users] LSC interrupt thread and normal thread
@ 2016-04-28 11:07 Gadre Nayan
From: Gadre Nayan @ 2016-04-28 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the LSC interrupt context and normal thread context.

The guide states that: the callback function of the LSC interrupt:

This function should be implemented with care since it will be called
in the interrupt host thread, which is different from the main thread
of its caller.

So suppose I want to propagate an event to signify a link state
change, can I directly call an ioctl to the driver which will then
propagate using netlink to userspace ?

Are the special considerations for the interrupt host thread same as
the considerations for interrupt context and SOFTIRQ in linux kernel ?

Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-28 11:07 UTC | newest]