* Secondary process stuck in rte_eal_memory_init
@ 2022-08-23 14:54 Anna Tauzzi
From: Anna Tauzzi @ 2022-08-23 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I have a primary process that spawns a secondary process.Primary is on NUMA
1 while secondary on NUMA 0.
The secondary process starts up but when calling rte_eal_init it gets stuck
with this backtrace:

flock()
sync_walk()
rte_memseg_list_walk_thread_unsafe()
eal_memalloc_sync_with_primary()
rte_eal_hugepage_attach()
rte_eal_memory_init()
rte_eal_init.cold()

While starting the secondary, it is possible that the primary is allocating
memory on different NUMAs. I'm saying this because if in the primary I
replace the dpdk memory allocation function (rte_zalloc...) with a plain
memalign I don't get this problem.