* [dpdk-users] Performance of VF and DPDK port on multiport card
@ 2020-04-28 20:46 Pradeep K.S
From: Pradeep K.S @ 2020-04-28 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

I have 4 port card X710 card(i40e driver), on 3 of them i have configured
SRIOV and using one physical port bound to ovs-dpdk.  I am observing some
strange behaviour with performance. If i run traffic on SRIOV VFS and DPDK
port , performance is better on SRIOV VFS.

If I remove DPDK port and run traffic, SRIOV VFS starts dropping the
packets.

Card is running in multimode-driver , 3 kernel and 1 OVS-DPDK.

What exactly OVS-DPDK(i40epmd)/DPDK  sets in the global pnics card
registers that is causing better performance of the overall card ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Pra

--