* [dpdk-users] Bit rate problem of pipe traffic classes in DPDK19.11 QOS app
@ 2020-04-10  7:07 waqas ahmed
From: waqas ahmed @ 2020-04-10  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

G'day,
we are working with dpdk19.11 qos application and tries to understand its
working at pipe level. it is configured with 4096 pipes under subport 0 and
currently we are using only one pipe0.
pipe is given with 13 traffic classes (tc) and each of tc is configured
with pipe profile as given below. we are putting single RTP stream into
each of tc one by one to see its guaranteed bit rate specified.
if we use queue = tc# than bit rate of respective traffic class doesn't
match, but if we put any of tc packets into queue 0 of pipe than each of tc
bit rate guarantees to its upper limit.
can any one explain this behavior? how can we get exact bit rate of tc by
forwarding pkts to its own queue?

; Pipe configuration
[pipe profile 0]

tb rate = 1750000              ; 1750000 X 8 = 14 mbits/sec
tb size = 1000000              ; Bytes

tc 0 rate = 1750000            ; 14
tc 1 rate = 1625000            ; 13
tc 2 rate = 1500000            ; 12
tc 3 rate = 1375000            ; 11
tc 4 rate = 1125000            ; 9
tc 5 rate = 1000000            ; 8
tc 6 rate = 875000             ; 7
tc 7 rate = 750000             ; 6
tc 8 rate = 625000             ; 5
tc 9 rate = 500000             ; 4
tc 10 rate = 375000            ; 3
tc 11 rate = 250000            ; 2
tc 12 rate = 125000            ; (125000 X 8 = 1000000) 1 mbits/sec
Regards