* [dpdk-users] DPDK Pdump support for the external buffers - 20_11 version
@ 2021-05-17 17:50 Navin Srinivas
From: Navin Srinivas @ 2021-05-17 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm able to use pdump with test-pmd with the same set of parameters used
for the eal init, but when I try to attach pdump as a secondary process in
Intel Flexran, I face an issue with the following error.

EAL: Failed to hotplug add device

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1

  Cause: vdev creation failed    ->> it fails with this error.

And on further checking, came to know that Flexran uses external buffers,
does pdump supports external buffers? Is the above error due to the same?

We would like to capture packets without any performance degradation, what
would be the suggested method to implement this?

Thanks & Regards,

Navin Srinivas

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK Pdump support for the external buffers - 20_11 version
@ 2021-05-17 18:55 ` Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen
From: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen @ 2021-05-17 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Navin Srinivas; +Cc: users

What is the setup and what line rate you want to achieve. And what is the
hardware

@ 2021-05-18 17:14   ` Navin Srinivas
From: Navin Srinivas @ 2021-05-18 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen; +Cc: users

This is for the 5G RAN application.  I'm not sure about the end hardware.

Regards,
Navin

@ 2021-05-25 18:41     ` Navin Srinivas
From: Navin Srinivas @ 2021-05-25 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen; +Cc: users

Hi,

I managed to debug further and noticed that *pmd_pcap_drv* is not loaded on
our application, which is available in test-pmd when the attach is called
from secondary application dpdk-pdump

How do I enable the pmd_pcap_drv in vdev ? We have done rte_pdump_init as
suggested by the DPDK documentation.

Am I missing some init ?

Thanks & Regards,
Navin Srinivas