* [dpdk-users] Support for cavium Octeon ?
@ 2016-02-08 15:05 Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2016-02-08 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon 73xx ?
We need to develop application over PCIe between intel cpu and Cavium Octeon.
I wander if it should work with Cavium Octeon or only with Intel's cpu ?

Best Regards,
Ran

* Re: [dpdk-users] Support for cavium Octeon ?
@ 2016-02-09  8:47 ` Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2016-02-09  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

 Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon with PCI express ?
I see there is Nitrox library, where can I read more about it ?

@ 2016-02-09 15:15   ` Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen
From: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen @ 2016-02-09 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ran Shalit; +Cc: users

If linux is reading the driver then i guess it can be achived

@ 2016-02-09 15:51   ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2016-02-09 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ran Shalit; +Cc: users

Le 9 févr. 2016 09:48, "Ran Shalit" <ranshalit@gmail.com> a écrit :

>  Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon with PCI express ?
> I see there is Nitrox library, where can I read more about it ?
>

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon 73xx ?
> > We need to develop application over PCIe between intel cpu and Cavium
Octeon.
> > I wander if it should work with Cavium Octeon or only with Intel's cpu ?

Can you explain?

Nitrox is not CN73xx, so why both questions?

6WIND made such support with Nitrox and DPDK. Because of some Nitrox SDK's
constrains, it uses DPDK API under source licensing directly from 6WIND.
Feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
  Vincent

* Re: [dpdk-users] Support for cavium Octeon ?
@ 2016-02-09 18:13     ` Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2016-02-09 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN; +Cc: users

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Vincent JARDIN <vincent.jardin@6wind.com> wrote:

> Le 9 févr. 2016 09:48, "Ran Shalit" <ranshalit@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>  Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon with PCI express ?
>> I see there is Nitrox library, where can I read more about it ?
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Does dpdk support Cavium Octeon 73xx ?
>> > We need to develop application over PCIe between intel cpu and Cavium
>> > Octeon.
>> > I wander if it should work with Cavium Octeon or only with Intel's cpu ?
>> >

> Can you explain?
>
> Nitrox is not CN73xx, so why both questions?
>
> 6WIND made such support with Nitrox and DPDK. Because of some Nitrox SDK's
> constrains, it uses DPDK API under source licensing directly from 6WIND.
> Feel free to contact us.
>
> Best regards,
>   Vincent

Hi,

Right. Seems that I mixed things.
So, as to the first question, do you suppose that dpdk can be used
with  Cavium Octeon 73xx ?
Will it know how to access the PCI express in Cavium ?

Thanks,

@ 2016-02-10 11:02       ` Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen
From: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen @ 2016-02-10 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ran Shalit; +Cc: users

I dont see why it should

*Regards:*
Zain ul Abideen

*Disclaimer**: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments
is confidential; it is intended only for use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please delete it and email confirmation to the sender. Thank You.*