* [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Issue in draining packets when head is null
@ 2020-01-13  7:34 Suraj R Gupta
From: Suraj R Gupta @ 2020-01-13  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: users

Hi all,
This is regarding an issue in the draining packet using rte_reorder_drain.
Suppose we have a window size of 16 and we get packets with sequence no
like 0,1,2,4,5,6. On performing drain operation, I retrieve packets like
0,1,2.
Since now order_buf->entries[order_buf->head] i.e. order_buf->entries[3] is
null i won't be able to any more like 4,5,6. I would be able to do it only
when I get at a packet with a sequence number above window size. This may
be highly undesirable if we have large window sizes say 1024, 2048, etc. we
wouldn't be able to drain any more packets until a packet above window size
is received. Also since the struct rte_rorder_buffer are defined in the
source .c file, we are not able to move head of buffer from applications. *Is
there any specific reasons why it is implemented like this in the library.
Are there any ways to overcome this.*
--
Thanks and Regards
Suraj R Gupta

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Issue in draining packets when head is null
@ 2020-01-23 17:53 ` Suraj R Gupta
From: Suraj R Gupta @ 2020-01-23 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: users

Folks,
Any Ideas on this.

--

@ 2020-01-23 18:23   ` Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen
From: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen @ 2020-01-23 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suraj R Gupta; +Cc: dev, users

I see the current implementation doesn't cater for this escape sequence. U
have to implement a little logic to traverse through the empty buffs w.r.t.
current packets in buffer via some count.