* [dpdk-users] Set mtu value
@ 2016-08-21 21:27 Victor Detoni
From: Victor Detoni @ 2016-08-21 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

I'm trying to use rte_eth_dev_set_mtu function to change mtu value. When I
use the code below the function returns -ENOTSUP. Someone knows what's
happening? I can change mtu value with "ifconfig".

uint16_t mtu;
ret = rte_eth_dev_set_mtu(ported,mtu);

if (ret == 0)
  printf("Port %d: MTU set to %d\n",portid, ,mtu);
else if (ret == -ENOTSUP)
  printf("Port %d: Operation not supported\n",portid);
else
  printf("Port %d: Error setting MTU\n",portid);

* Re: [dpdk-users] Set mtu value
@ 2016-08-22  5:27 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2016-08-22  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Detoni; +Cc: users

only some device drivers support changing MTU via the change API.
For the rest the application has to stop the device, configure new
settings, and start.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Set mtu value
@ 2016-08-22 13:12   ` Victor Detoni
From: Victor Detoni @ 2016-08-22 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Stephen, thank you for your answer.

When you say "stop the device, configure new settings, and start", you mean
use these functions rte_eth_dev_stop and rte_eth_dev_start?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:27 AM, Stephen Hemminger <
stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote:

> only some device drivers support changing MTU via the change API.
> For the rest the application has to stop the device, configure new
> settings, and start.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Set mtu value
@ 2016-08-30  1:55     ` Victor Detoni
From: Victor Detoni @ 2016-08-30  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Even using `ifconfig eth0 mtu 1000` it doesn't work. My dpdk api shows 1500
mtu value.

And when I try to use l3fwd api and settings --enable-jumbo --max-pkt-len
9000 for example, it doesn't work. it appears: Cause
rte_eth_tx_queue_setup: err-22, port=0

Any tips? I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 and VMXNET3.

thanks