* DPDK Windows: NetUIO driver build error.
@ 2023-11-10 12:09 Im Groot
From: Im Groot @ 2023-11-10 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi

I am very very new to DPDK and trying to run DPDK on Windows 10. As per
documentation, it can be done.

I have reached step 4.2 where I have to build and Install drivers. I have
built the virt2phys driver successfully but I am unable to build the NetUIO
driver.

*I have tried Visual Studio 2022, Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio 2017
but there is always the same error: *

Error      MSB4019             The imported project "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Windows Kits\10\build\WindowsDriver.common.targets" was not found.
Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Windows Kits\10\\build\WindowsDriver.common.targets" is correct, and
that the file exists on disk.
C:\Users\PC\Downloads\dpdk-kmods-main\dpdk-kmods-main\windows\netuio\netuio.vcxproj
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\WindowsKernelModeDriver10.0\Toolset.targets
24

*Secondly, I want to know that do I need to define some flags in the driver
code? *for example
#define _X86_
 because if I do not define it then there are hundreds of errors.

Please if there is a specific way to build the driver then do let me know.

Thanks