* Launching a new primary process from a primary
@ 2022-09-11 17:55 Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-09-11 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I know, because I was told by Anatoly Burakov (DPDK developer), that
it is possible to launch a new primary from within a primary using
system() syscall or fork but a few FDs should be closed. Do you know
of a DPDK example that exemplifies such a procedure?

If you don't follow the exact procedure you can generate a deadlock.
This is what I've been told:

There is a way to launch a primary process from another primary in our
test app - if you check the code, it closes a bunch of fd's before
launching the process - that's most likely what you need to do as that
would be what causes the deadlocks (concurrent access from multiple
processes who think they're primaries).

Do you know where can I find the "test app".

Thx.

* Re: Launching a new primary process from a primary
@ 2022-09-11 18:20 ` Dmitry Kozlyuk
From: Dmitry Kozlyuk @ 2022-09-11 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Di Bacco; +Cc: users

> Do you know where can I find the "test app".

http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tree/app/test/process.h#n75

* Re: Launching a new primary process from a primary
@ 2022-09-11 19:32   ` Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-09-11 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Kozlyuk; +Cc: users

Thank you very much, Dmitry