* [dpdk-users] How to get DPDK running in docker container
@ 2021-06-23 13:37 Ashish Mishra
From: Ashish Mishra @ 2021-06-23 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Group Member's ,

I am new to DPDK and hence it would be helpful if the team can share any
readme / github or any pointers below .

We want to get a DPDK + docker ARM board .
1) I tried  https://github.com/jeremyeder/docker-dpdk
     But this seems 6 year old repo &  i get lot of error when tried to
replicate this project

2) Is there any standard doc / readme / github project to fork

Thanks ,
Ashish

* Re: [dpdk-users] How to get DPDK running in docker container
@ 2021-06-24  8:59 ` Ashish Mishra
From: Ashish Mishra @ 2021-06-24  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Members ,

Any pointers or dock will be helpful .
I am trying to have DPDK in docker

Thanks ,
Ashish

@ 2021-06-24 12:53   ` Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen
From: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen @ 2021-06-24 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Mishra; +Cc: users

I have not found any.. are you new to dockers too? If not? What issue are
you facing?

@ 2021-06-24 13:03     ` Ashish Mishra
From: Ashish Mishra @ 2021-06-24 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen; +Cc: users

Hi Chethan ,
Will look at the repo.

Hi Muhammad ,
Please do share if any reference available to get dpdk withd docker
Have started with Docker for this project hence having basic workable
exposure on Docker .
Below are the two error i am observing

1)  Default dockerfile obtained from
https://github.com/jeremyeder/docker-dpdk
~/docker-dpdk (master) : docker build -t dpdk-from-github . -f Dockerfile
Sending build context to Docker daemon   85.5kB
Step 1/9 : FROM registry.access.redhat.com/rhel7/rhel-tools
 ---> 2c2edff6b46f
Step 2/9 : MAINTAINER jeder@redhat.com
 ---> Using cache
 ---> 88cb92ece47f
Step 3/9 : LABEL RUN docker run -it --privileged -v
/sys/bus/pci/drivers:/sys/bus/pci/drivers -v
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages:/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages -v
/sys/devices/system/node:/sys/devices/system/node -v /dev:/dev --name NAME
-e NAME=NAME -e IMAGE=IMAGE IMAGE"
failed to process "docker run -it --privileged -v
/sys/bus/pci/drivers:/sys/bus/pci/drivers -v
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages:/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages -v
/sys/devices/system/node:/sys/devices/system/node -v /dev:/dev --name NAME
-e NAME=NAME -e IMAGE=IMAGE IMAGE\"": unexpected end of statement while
looking for matching double-quote

2)  If i comment out the above line . ( by few search i can relate that the
priviliged should not be in build )

 ~/docker-dpdk (master) : docker build -t dpdk-from-github . -f Dockerfile
Sending build context to Docker daemon   85.5kB
Step 1/8 : FROM registry.access.redhat.com/rhel7/rhel-tools
 ---> 2c2edff6b46f
Step 2/8 : MAINTAINER jeder@redhat.com
 ---> Using cache
 ---> 88cb92ece47f
Step 3/8 : RUN yum install -y sudo libhugetlbfs-utils libpcap-devel
kernel kernel-devel kernel-headers
 ---> Running in f8dd06dac356
Loaded plugins: ovl, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager

This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use
subscription-manager to register.

There are no enabled repos.
 Run "yum repolist all" to see the repos you have.
 To enable Red Hat Subscription Management repositories:
     subscription-manager repos --enable <repo>
 To enable custom repositories:
     yum-config-manager --enable <repo>
The command '/bin/sh -c yum install -y sudo libhugetlbfs-utils
libpcap-devel     kernel kernel-devel kernel-headers' returned a non-zero
code: 1

Thanks ,
Ashish