* [dpdk-users] DPDK RSS default behavior
@ 2016-02-02 13:31 Talel Shenhar
From: Talel Shenhar @ 2016-02-02 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello dpdk-uesrs.

I am new member of this list.
thanks for any help.

I am currently working on adding RSS to our PMD driver which will
eventually configure our hardware.

I have a question in regards to DPDK framework  behavior in regards to RSS.

Should i expect DPDK framework to configure my PMD to some default
indirection table in case the application set the device to use RSS?
(mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_RSS)

I came accross some good post on DPDK-RSS which says DPDK should configure
default table:

http://galsagie.github.io/dpdk%20design%20tips/dpdk/nfv/2015/02/26/dpdk-tips-1/

The question is:
will DPDK call the RSS API i register with some default table in case
application enabled RSS? or should i read this flag in my dev_configure()
callback and construct this table?

APIs i have registered:
reta_update
reta_query
rss_hash_update
rss_hash_conf_get

Testing it does not show that DPDK calls to these API in case of flag
enable.
(It does call them in case application call them explicitly)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-02-02 13:31 UTC | newest]