* [dpdk-users] DPDK-PKTGEN crashes when using Jumbo frame in AWS EC2
@ 2021-02-12  5:03 Anand Gupta
From: Anand Gupta @ 2021-02-12  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello All,

I'm trying to run DPDK-PKTGEN in AWS EC2 instances and able to send packets up to 1.5 KB packets.
If we use Jumbo frame packets then we are getting error "requested Tx offloads 0x8000 doesn't match Tx offloads capabilities 0xe".

Setup:
Ubuntu: 16.04
Driver: ENA 2.0.3K
DPDK: 18.11.1
PKTGEN: 3.7.1

Can anyone help me with this issue ? Is anything I'm missing ?

Thanks,
Anand

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK-PKTGEN crashes when using Jumbo frame in AWS EC2
@ 2021-02-12 13:15 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2021-02-12 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Gupta; +Cc: users

On Feb 11, 2021, at 11:03 PM, Anand Gupta <anand.gupta@keysight.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I'm trying to run DPDK-PKTGEN in AWS EC2 instances and able to send packets up to 1.5 KB packets.
If we use Jumbo frame packets then we are getting error "requested Tx offloads 0x8000 doesn't match Tx offloads capabilities 0xe".

Setup:
Ubuntu: 16.04
Driver: ENA 2.0.3K
DPDK: 18.11.1
PKTGEN: 3.7.1

[KW] Please update to the latest Pktgen 21.02.0 with the latest DPDK version. If you can’t upgrade then please look at the latest version as some work for jumbo frames has been done.

@ 2021-02-12 13:55 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2021-02-12 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Gupta; +Cc: users

> On Feb 11, 2021, at 11:03 PM, Anand Gupta <anand.gupta@keysight.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to run DPDK-PKTGEN in AWS EC2 instances and able to send packets up to 1.5 KB packets.
> If we use Jumbo frame packets then we are getting error "requested Tx offloads 0x8000 doesn't match Tx offloads capabilities 0xe".
>
> Setup:
> Ubuntu: 16.04
> Driver: ENA 2.0.3K
> DPDK: 18.11.1
> PKTGEN: 3.7.1

Please update to the latest Pktgen 21.02.0 with the latest DPDK version. If you can not upgrade then please look at the latest version as some work for jumbo frames was done a few months ago.